GET A QUOTE
Extend Your Peace of Mind
Call Now to Purchase Your Extended Warranty
HOURS OF OPERATION
Central Standard Time
9am-5pm Mon thru Fri
Commonly Asked Questions About Extended Warranties
1) What do I do when I experience a problem with my vehicle?
- Take your vehicle to the dealership or ASE certified repair facility of your choice.
- Allow the repair facility to diagnose your vehicle.
- Have the repair facility contact the claims center at a toll-free number that is provided to you on the auto repair warranty contract.
2) What is true bumper-to-bumper coverage?
- True bumper-to-bumper coverage is always “exclusionary” coverage. This means that everything on a vehicle is covered, excluding certain items such as maintenance, trim items like moldings, weather-stripping, etc. However, in recent years, some auto warranty services contract companies have begun using the term "bumper-to-bumper" much more liberally in an effort to give consumers the impression that they are receiving more auto repair warranty coverage than they actually are. Reading articles on auto warranty companies can be helpful in understanding bumper-to-bumper coverage.
3) What if my dealer does not accept aftermarket extended warranties?
- Most dealerships appreciate our business. There is no reason not to accept a service contract from Auto Warranty One. Our administrator pays the recommended price for parts and labor for all covered repairs. Payment is made quickly with our corporate Visa/MasterCard and delays in our streamlined claims process are rare.
4) What is Wear and Tear coverage?
- Wear and Tear coverage refers to a malfunctioning component that is fixable under your automotive warranty services contract because that part is excessively "worn" but not necessarily broken. Most of our plans come with "wear and tear" coverage. Ask for it when speaking with your Auto Warranty One representative. '
5) Will automotive warranty services pay for preexisting conditions?
- Extended service contracts are not meant to cover problems that exist with a vehicle at the time the service contract is purchased. Such problems are called "preexisting conditions” and are reason for claim denial. With extended warranties, cars can be repaired only for problems that arise after the plan has been started.
6) When does my service contract begin and expire?
- All of our automotive warranty services contracts begin on the day of your purchase. The start date for many dealership plans is the "in-service" date of your car. The "in-service" date is the vehicle's factory warranty start date or the vehicle's first day of use. Our extended warranty plans offer you more time than most other providers. Be aware of many auto warranty companies with plan start dates beginning from your vehicle's in-service date. These programs do not provide nearly as much time coverage.
7) How long does it take to receive an automotive warranty services contract?
- Your new service agreement will be mailed to you the Customer Care Center the next business day through UPS
8) What are the steps to enroll?
- Click here to get your free quote. We'll take you through a quick process to find the right extended warranty for you. Or you can call the Customer Care Center consultant toll free (1-866-255-6415) to design a plan and receive auto warranty quotes that are right for you. Once your plan is agreed upon, we will finalize and forward the agreement to you the next business day through UPS mail service.
9) How can I get more information?
- You can speak to a Customer Care Center consultant by calling 1-866-255-6415 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; or Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Your representative can customize a warranty plan with auto warranty quotes that are suited to your vehicle and your particular driving habits.
10) Can I buy the same coverage through my dealer?
- Yes, but plan on paying the dealer's commission. This often means the price is higher for similar coverage and you may be required to have the repairs done at the dealer facility. Additionally, many dealers do not offer $0 deductibles. With us, you'll have the freedom to choose any ASE certified repair facility throughout the United States and Canada. With most dealer plans, coverage begins at the "in-service" date. Our plans begin coverage the day you enroll in our protection plan. We offer you longer and more comprehensive coverage for less.
11) Do I really need the protection of a vehicle service contract?
- As your car ages and increases mileage, mechanical failure is a reality and, frankly, one of the reasons why manufacturer warranties are so short-lived. Additionally, there are many components, such as computer-related functions, that can fail regardless of your driving habits. Without the protection of an extended auto warranty, cars are left vulnerable to damage and ultimately become useless.
12) Do you have coverage for brand-new as well as used vehicles?
- We provide extended service contracts for both new and used vehicles. Each vehicle's model year and mileage determines the available coverage.
13) What are the differences among automotive vehicle warranties?
- We have four coverage levels in providing warranty for cars. If you are searching for the very best extended service plan for your new or used vehicle, Luxury Plans are the best option as virtually every part on your vehicle is protected. If you are looking just to get the essentials covered through auto repair warranty, Factory-Like plans are a very affordable coverage option. If an entry-level or an intermediate plan is more in alignment with your needs, try Power-Train or Major Component Plans, both offering peace of mind at great prices.
14) Do our extended warranty plans include roadside assistance benefits?
- Yes. When providing warranty for cars, every plan includes a roadside assistance package with a toll-free telephone number that covers towing; jump-starts; flat-tire changing; fuel, oil, or other fluid delivery; and entry when keys are locked in your car. Under our extended warranties, cars will receive roadside assistance when necessary.
15) What year and mileage combinations are available?
- New- and used-vehicle plans are available in a number of term and mileage combinations to fit your driving needs. Please call us toll-free at 1-866-255-6415 to find the plan for you based on your vehicle and driving habits.
16) Is there a deductible that I will have to pay?
- Most plans offered through the Auto Warranty One service have $0, $50, $100 or $200 deductibles based on your vehicle's year, make, model and mileage. All products on the Auto Warranty One service have deductibles that are payable per visit—not per part! This means that all repairs completed during your vehicle's visit to the ASE certified repair facility of your choice require only one (1) deductible. Compare these plans with the fine print in other plans that require deductible payments for each repaired component group. "Factory-like" and "Luxury" plans even have a zero ($0) deductible option. Be sure to inform your representative if you choose to upgrade from the standard $50 deductible to our zero ($0) deductible option.
17) What if I have car trouble when I'm out of town?
- Administrators on the Auto Warranty One service allow you to take your vehicle to any ASE certified repair facility within the United States or Canada. Wherever you may be, the claims department has a toll-free telephone number for you or the ASE certified repair facility to call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Remember to keep your administrator's toll-free number handy wherever you go. It's in the contract.
18) My factory warranty has reached expiration. Can I still get an extended warranty?
- Yes. Many vehicle owners do not realize that even after their manufacturer’s warranty expires they are still eligible for a an extended warranty. Our best plans cover vehicles that are up to six years old and have fewer than 100,000 miles on the odometer. Our extended warranties will provide lasting value and security for your used car.
19) Why is it safe to purchase from Auto Warranty One?
- Financial Stability—When looking into a company offering extended warranties or service contracts, financial stability should be of utmost importance; after all, you will need them to be there down the road to pay your claims. Every one of our plans include top-of-the-line coverage. Our extended auto warranty insurance is backed by A-rated insurance companies.
- Professional Consultants—Our customer care agents and plan administrators offering our extended auto warranties are courteous and among the most knowledgeable in the industry. You can be assured that you are getting the best plan for your needs based on your personal driving habits.
- Value for your money—All of our warranties provide additional plan benefits such as Towing, Rental and Roadside Assistance that begin on the day you purchase your coverage. These benefits will make your breakdown experience go as smooth as possible.
- Bumper to bumper warranties—Our best used car warranty covers your car from end to end. If problems arise in any aspect of your car due to manufacturing issues, our bumper to bumper warranty covers it. This level of protection is incredibly rare.
- Easy warranty transfer when selling your vehicle
20) Why are our prices lower than many other automobile warranties?
- We work directly with the top insurance companies and don’t have to pay an auto dealership a commission, saving you money.
- Because we sell in high volume, a company like ours provides great buying power with the top insurance companies, passing the savings on to you, our customer.
21) Do I have to pay up-front for repairs?
- No. You do not have to pay up front for the cost of repairs; you pay only your deductible, if applicable. Service contracts offered through the Customer Car Care pay the repair facility directly. Here is how the process works: Your repair facility calls us for authorization, they complete the repair, and you drive away - it's that simple. The only time you may have to pay any (to be reimbursed) is if your repair facility doesn't have a rental car available and you have to rent a replacement car on your own. If you use the hotel and food benefit included in your plan, you also must submit these bills so that we can reimburse you.
22) Will my claims be paid in the future?
- It is important to know the insurance company that is behind any plan you own. At programs offered through the Auto Warranty One are fully insured by A- or better insurance companies. All claims are handled promptly and professionally, paid directly to the ASE certified repair facility of your choice. We take the hassle out of car repair for you!
23) How Quickly are Claims Processed?
- We want to get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible, which is why we let you choose the repair facility and why we pay with our corporate credit card. You can count on us to act fast to get your claim processed as soon as possible. So that we can serve our customers better, your complimentary membership in roadside assistance can be taken advantage of 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With Auto Warranty One, you'll never be stranded by the side of the road or stuck with an expensive car repair payment to get your vehicle back in working condition.
24) What is NOT covered by an Extended Warranty?
- “Wear and Tear” Damage by some vehicle extended warranty companies are not covered.
· Any breakdown caused by normal “wear and tear” is not covered, unless you purchase the “wear and tear” option which is offered by most extended warranty plans up to a certain mileage restriction. Under the definitions of most aftermarket used car warranties, covered breakdowns do not include parts that are worn beyond manufacturer’s tolerances. Wear and tear claims are happening more often but are usually seen on higher mile vehicles.
- Maintenance Negligence
· Claims resulting from lack of proper fluid levels in your vehicle are not covered. One of the benefits of the modern “quick lube” experience is that they will check and top off all your fluids. While you are there, make sure the service technician checks the fluid levels of your engine, transmission, power steering, brakes, differential, and windshield washer system. Keep and record their inspection and completion sheet as required by the auto warranty coverage guidelines.
- Work Vehicle Issues
· Car warranty coverage will be denied if the breakdown results from “commercial-type” activities, including towing for hire, construction, job site activities, hauling for hire, snow removal for hire, and off- road use. A commercial use policy rider may be purchased on most vehicle extended warranty companies’ list of options to cover the above commercial usages. If you are purchasing a vehicle extended warranty and will be using your vehicle for these activities (even only on occasion), be sure to pay the extra $200-300 for the commercial rider.
- Towing Negligence
· Any breakdown resulting from towing that exceeds your vehicle’s recommended weight limit will be denied. Unless equipped with your manufacturer’s optional “trailer tow package,” most cars and light trucks are not capable of towing a trailer of any substantial weight. If your transmission is damaged and you have a trailer hitch installed, be prepared to explain to your vehicle extended warranty inspector what you have been towing.
- Pre-existing Conditions
· Any breakdown caused by a condition reasonably determined to have existed prior to the contract purchase date (a preexisting condition) will be denied. If you buy your vehicle from a credible auto dealer, it should have been fully inspected for problems prior to sale. Some vehicles are still sold with preexisting mechanical or electrical problems. Most car warranty companies are able to determine if the vehicle was not in good operating order when sold. Be aware of this.
Our insurance ratings are "A-"
by the A.M. Best Company.
The A.M. Best Company, founded in 1899 is a full-service credit rating organization.
Our Better Business Bureau rating is "A".
The BBB is the authority on trust in the marketplace, upholding high standards for ethical marketplace behavior.